Thursday, May 15, 2014

Prayers for San Diego


As many of you know California is in a State of Emergency as there are nine different wild fires raging through Southern California right now. It has scorched over 9,000 acres, taking homes and businesses with it. It's spread throughout Carlsbad, San Marcos, Bonsall, 
Fallbrook, Santa Paula, Lompoc, North Hills, Long Beach, Anaheim, and surrounding areas. Just as soon as they contain part of one, it seems another is ignited. With extreme dry heat and gusts of wind, more danger is posed. I'm praying for rainfall, I'm praying for the safety of all, and that they successfully cease these blazes.

I grew up in San Diego and to see these fires destroying a place I grew up calling home makes my heart ache. It breaks my heart for everyone affected, and so many of my family and dearest loved ones are frightfully near them. Please be safe, everyone! 

I firmly believe in the power of prayer and also the vast audience social media can reach, so I hope to combine to the two by sending this prayer request on all my media outlets.

Let's please come together and pray for San Diego. Pray that the winds become still and the temperatures decrease, to give the firefighters a chance to contain and eliminate these horrid flames. That The Lord protect them as they selflessly fight for the safety for everyone else. That no more harm or damage be done, and The Lord help to comfort those who have lost in this tragedy. I pray these fires end with no more pain, and that disasters as such wouldn't happen!

Thank you for taking the time to read and for praying with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment