Wednesday, June 18, 2014

happily eating healthy

I keep hearing people say "You know they're only pretending they like clean eating!", I've even seem dumb internet memes like this (sorry they used your face Will).
I feel I need to go on the record and say, I am not miserable when (which is always) I make healthy eating choices. As a matter of fact, I feel the absolute best that I ever have since I made the decision to clean up my eating habits.
Sure, there are people that are probably hating life with their new "magical" diets that promise lie to you to drop pounds immediately, (I'm sure you've all read my opinion on that subject.) That's not what I'm referring to, "diets" are not the same as just eating healthy foods habitually. I really have distain for the term "diet", they're temporary and often restricting of nutrients we need, and thus leave you with pseudo results, if any. Choosing to eat healthy, as a lifestyle, is the way to achieve positive results, and in turn be happy.
I find that most people that knock clean eating, either haven't even attempted to do so or are just lost on what exactly it means. In simple terms... you've got to eliminate the junk first and foremost, but then be creative; there are unlimited healthy alternatives for your old crap cravings. Don't be afraid to try new recipes, you can find millions online or ask your fellow health nut (HI!) for some tips. Eventually, healthy foods taste so much better and the junk actually starts to taste awful, and you recognize that it makes you feel miserable. You can't be lazy; as it does often require properly shopping, prepping, and cooking. However, once you get the hang of it, it does become simple, and there are definitely convenient ways to eat clean, even on the go and out to eat. Do your research and educate yourself. Once you realize what's actually in bad foods, you're much more likely if you're sane to avoid it. Figure out what type of body it is you want, while we should all be getting plenty of each food group, some people require more or less of each. Make plans and goals, and stick to them. Before you know it, you will have adopted new habits that are engrained, that's when you'll find happiness with your health and image.
I admit, I haven't always eaten this way, or worked out as I do now. I used to eat all sorts of crap, and then tried to overcompensate for it by restricting my calories to unhealthily low numbers. I wasn't happy with my image, and my body certainly wasn't functioning at it's full potential. I had stomachaches, headaches, acne breakout, sluggishness, moodiness, and I'd get sick way too often. I never connected the dots that my eating contributed to this, but oh did it. Food is fuel, and our body serves as our vehicle for life. Forgive the corniness in that. If you don't put gas in your car, does it go? No. Does it run properly if you put the wrong kind of fuel, or worse something that wasn't even meant for a car at all? Highly doubt it, I bet it even malfunctions at that point. My point is, we've got to fill our bodies with the best fuel for them, and plenty of it. After I learned this, and started living a completely healthy lifestyle, I felt like a whole new person. I no longer get sick, seriously I haven't had any illness or issues since my daughter was born (when I started this). In fact, the only stomachaches I've had are caused by the few times I did eat something crummy. My body is so acclimated to healthy and real foods, that junk food makes me so sick, and that makes it a lot easier to stay away from. I feel at my absolute best now, and am so grateful to have changed my habits to feel this way. I truly enjoy my healthy lifestyle, and everything I eat is fantastically delicious! So don't let naysayers keep you from becoming a healthier you, and hey, naysayers give it a shot too.
I'm currently creating guides that will go in more depth on this, including my typical grocery list, meal ideas (not plans, because I like to vary it up), tips and tricks, and recipes. As well as my work outs. This takes time (especially with a toddler), but I can't wait to offer it to you all. In the interim, if you have questions about any of this topic, or anything else, (I do know why flamingos are pink or why elephants can't jump, if that's what you want to ask.) please don't hesitate to contact me via my fitness instagram @blakeleyfitness, this blog, or personally if you know me.
 
Let's all happily eat healthy!*clinking my glass of green juice to that!(;
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment